Monday, August 10, 2009

"Well, Shakespeare, he's in the alley With his pointed shoes and his bells..."

I was glad to come home today.

I left Friday afternoon, and about two hours later ended up at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Beacon, New York. It was good seeing them and my two little cousins, and had a good Brand New inspired phone conversation with Laura that night. The next morning we left to complete out trip to Brattleboro, Vermont. After a grueling 4 hours of driving, we arrived at our hotel.

I have to say, the town feels like home. The atmosphere is slightly of the "hippie" kind (well, maybe not only slightly). Regardless, there was enough flannel and such for me to feel at home. Went to a great thrift store and got some cool clothes, and found a record store. The whole family went to visit a distant relative up in a mountain, and we ended up throwing rocks into the window of an old rotting barn. It was a good time.

I saw quite a few girls in Brattleboro that interested me. Got a few looks, which is always promising. But, of course, I am not quite confident enough. Ha. I ate mostly tofu the entire time. Man, do I love tasteless food. Seriously.

Long story short, I had a good time. Hoping to do fun things this week, and of course get some summer reading shit done.

Until next time.



Musix for tonight: Bob Dylan- Blonde On Blonde: Amazing. One of the older musicians that actually lives up to the hype. Great, great lyrics. Soundtrack to my Vermont trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment