Thursday, August 13, 2009

"Give me a touch, give me sensation of anything."

Sick today. I have absolutely no voice to speak of (har har har). Mother has been sick, so I believe I've caught what she has. Damn. Got my new cell phone today, and I have to say it's better than my old one. So I guess miss Ott smashing the Voyager was a blessing in disguise. Looks as if my Brand New concert experience is really going to happen. I have 2 tickets and a tentative ride to Philly. Endlessly excited for both Daisy and November 14th.

Looks like I will finally be writing my movie-inspired essay for AP English tonight. That Thing You Do is what I'll be watching, and I love that movie, so writing shouldn't be too much of a hassle. I just wish I had more energy or motivation; but I suppose the lack of both of those comes with sickness.

No real topic for discussion today. Well, maybe one: Why does everyone care so much? Myself included. If people stopped caring so much about the stupid, little things, and started looking at the big picture, a huge amount of worry-weight would be lifted off of all of our shoulders. I know I have no right to be saying this (you can't imagine how much I care about certain people's opinions on me), but I just wish people could stop going out of their way to make people upset or anxious. I guess it all goes back to that "change" monologue i did a few posts back: Do what you think is right for you, and try as hard as you can to make your decisions free of too much influence.

Music for the evening: Broadway Calls- Good Views, Bad News: One of the best, if not THE best, pop punk bands out today. A band that has equal amounts of political statements and personal confessions. Endless energy from this band. Highly recommended, especially if you think most pop-punk sucks these days, like me.

1 comment: