Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"I've got desperate desires and unadmirable plans"

I should really get moving on my summer reading assignments. I guess I just don't feel like summer is even close to being finished. I always end up finishing though, so I'm not worried.

This blog has given me a reason to write again, so I am very thankful for that. As i mentioned in a previous post, writing is really one of my favorite ways to pass the time; not to mention my dream job. Being a music journalist would be the best job for me....too bad it's a dying field. Speaking of writing: my once river-like flow of lyrics seems to have dried up. Not saying I have any real talent for writing poetically, but I do enjoy it. Hopefully once TFH gets back on its feet my lyrics will return.


I don't get along with my mother too well. It's odd, because I'm not the kind of person to ever complain about my parents. I have a really good home life compared to a lot of people. But, I just can't deny that anymore. Our personalities clash so much, and it is really having a bad effect on my family. I don't know what to do. I know i can be an asshole to her sometimes, but she just over reacts and to everything. I'm not trying to play the "oh, I don't get along with my parents, woe-is-me" card... but it's just gotten very, very bad lately. I feel terrible, because my dad always ends up caught in the middle. The strange part is how similar me and my mother are. But I guess that only fuels the arguments.


The future is looking rather abstract. I once had such a set-in-stone idea of what my high school career would look like. Now, I have no idea. I like it this way. I just want happiness. I need to quit this awful habit of laziness I have somehow fallen into. I think I'm going to try this year. I don't doubt that I'll fall right back into my comfortable boredom and laziness, but I am going to try...hard. I want to succeed. I don't want to be an overachiever, just an achiever. I may be one now (I get fine grades...), but it doesn't feel like it to me. And that's what counts: what I think of myself.



Music for the day: Brand New- Deja Entendu: With the approach of Daisy, I've been listening to this band non-stop. Although I like the band's newer, more experimental side, I cannot deny that I absolutely love this album. One of my favorites. For me, it'll always be a classic.

1 comment:

  1. I am your first comment. I agree with you on the parents issue. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete