Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Nightmares, a collection

An orange tree, ignited in a forest of green
Melting plastic bags, burning wooden desks
The citizens gather round, try to keep warm
They argue with the flames, persuade them to grow

The judge looks down upon the defendant,
The jury shifts and glimmers, only half there.
Lawyers, eyes empty, bark at each other.
The ceiling falls in, and they disappear.

He sits next to his friend, his lover
She smiles to herself and he laughs
They look out the window and see the wolves grinning
Tomorrow will come for neither of them.

Two hours pass, a silver piano plays.
Diamonds for keys, Golden strings struck by Sapphire hammers
The musician yells A-flat until the crowd weeps
Jewels fall from the theatre's balcony, flooding the audience.

I sit in the room where my pride fell to its knees
I wait for another chance to grovel.
God has plans for us all, she always said.
I can only hope "The End Is Near",

I can only hope that insane New York street corner prophet is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment