Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Conversation

-What did you do to get here?
Oh I just did what any guy would do, I guess... I let everything boil down to the smallest, most insignificant level of complexity, then I attacked it. Oh, I really ripped that fucker apart. I found out things about myself that I never thought I could know. It's funny, guys like me, we don't usually like to sleep in a soup, a stew, like this...

-You just missed 11:11, how is that?
It's okay. I always used to catch that elusive thing. I guess some kids wish on it, but that ain't how I do it. I just take a look...look down into the pixels that make up the numbers, really study them. Only then can someone like you, that uptight type, really get the meaning. I'm hoping to catch it again sometime... I guess once I'm out of this storm, I'll finally be able to see the sun, so to speak.

-Do you think anyone can truly know who they are?
Shit, man... They didn't say you'd be askin' these kinds of questions. Well hey, I couldn't give a shit less who I am. I guess the question should go back to you, eh? Do you know you you are?

- No, I guess I don't. But I am the inquisitive type, that's for sure. Do you play the piano?
Sure I do! Yeah, I was great back when the notes used to actually care about me. Yeah, man, they used to pop into my head like like bad ideas. One, two, three, haha! I used to be able to write song after song after song. Then one day, she left... I guess that's why the notes left too.

- What is your earliest memory?
Well, I guess it was this morning...brushing my teeth. [laughs]

- I can tell you are starting to get tired of this. How about we pick the interview up again tomorrow?
Yeah, that would be better. I am feeling a little dizzy, come to think of it. Actually, I guess "Think" would be the wrong word for that sentence because I can't think of-

END

2 comments: