Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Conclusion

-How was your childhood?
Wasn't bad. I guess they gave him a bunch of video games and kept his attention somewhere far off so they could do what they had to, you know? This morning, though, they gave me three fuckin' cups of coffee, haha!

-After yesterday, how are you feeling? You weren't looking so good towards the end.
Just everything, I guess. It's all gone bad for me these days. What with the thoughts doubling, and the...I know- We'll build something, man! I'm serious! We can finally get her out of here!

-My friend tells me you used to be quite the writer. He wants me to tell you he really loved your first novel.
What?

- Anyway, I never got your name. They said you wouldn't tell anyone else, but I'd like to think of us as friends.
My what? Have you ever caught a snowflake? Man, it's fuckin' unbelievable. The other day I was sitting in my room and one just fell into my palm. I looked at the thing for a good hour. I think I might have done something wrong, the motherfucker disappeared. I guess that's the closest thing I have to a name. Us? Friends? I don't know man, I sure do got a lot of friends already... And you know what they say about friends.

-Have you ever found love?
Yeah, I saw it once. The clock on my computer screen sometimes clicks by, and it reminds me of a girl I met once. Not any number, man, no. Just the changing of the digits. It just reminds me of her. I think she [incoherent]. I guess I just have to go to the field again [laughs]

-I think this will conclude our interview. Thanks for taking the time, I sincerely love your work sir. I hope you remember me.
Oh, of course I'll remember you. The amusement park was such a great time last night! That night'll last forever. Why not come join me for din-....Lauren? Who is this man in my room? I want him out. Now.

1 comment: