Monday, September 7, 2009

"Summer's freezing me. I was told to stay awake until I found my saving grace in you."

The day I have been dreading all summer is finally here: a school night. I am not so happy that this almost entirely enjoyable summer has ended, but I guess it had to. I can't say that I am excited for school at all. My classes leave a lot to be desired, friend-wise. Taking AP physics may have been a mistake, so I hope that works out... The way I see it, this year will either be great or crappy. I'm going to try as hard as I can to make it fun. I am also going to try harder than I have been at school... Apparently this is the year that really matters.

The past few days I've been thinking: what really constitutes a best friend? I have a best friend. Can I say why? No not really. I guess it just depends how some people affect you. I have a few close friends, almost best friends I guess. But what makes one person stand out? I suppose time and experience have a lot to do with it. Either way, today's discussion is a short one. I've just been a bit worried about my relationships with people, and how much I want them to last. I think everything will be fine, but that doesn't stop me from worrying. I am me, after all.

We've already started planning all of our autumnal activities. Fall is a great season, and October might be my favorite season. Here's to hoping for a good school year.

Overall: Last day of summer brings anxiety, excitement, and nostalgia. The future worries me, and I hope everything ends up the way it should be. I want my friendships to stay, and losing any of the people that mean something to me is my greatest fear.

Hopefully there will be more productive blogs in the near future.

Music for the day: Unwound- Leaves Turn Inside You: Really interesting album. Only on my second listen, but I can already tell i'll grow to like this album. The band started as a hardcore band; good but not too diverse. This, their last album, really sets them apart. It's a double disc album, 14 songs, about an hour and a half of music. There are some seriously long songs on here, and a lot of feedback. It never really gets boring, and there are some really cool ideas floating around. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment