Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"And your red sky at night won't follow me"

Break is over. Just as I predicted, it was a bit bleak. There were, however, a few good nights strewn throughout the week, so I suppose it was worth it. Either way, a break from school was greatly appreciated. I can feel myself slowly falling into a rut again, and there is no way I will let that happen again. I think what I need to do is continue to change things up and try new things. When I get too bored or comfortable is when I start worrying/getting depressed. Happiness is a rather fleeting thing, and I will not let it escape me. I have to hang onto it.

I also feel as though my poetry-writings are starting to become repetitive. Even if they are not, I need to write something that truly inspires me and convinces me that my writing is worth anything. I think I may need a muse. Sothesearchbegins.

I'm sitting in physics class, and this is turning out to be one of the longest school days yet this year. I haven't had a good rant for a while, but I just haven't been pissed off enough. I haven't had the right sort of passion. Well, I better start paying attention to centripetal force and tension.

Music for the past few days: The Twilight Sad- Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters :
An album full of overwhelming emotion. The sort of album that keeps bringing you back for more listens, and reveals a new detail each time. The band has released a new album recently, and I am excited to hear that if is even half as good as this beautiful release.


No comments:

Post a Comment