Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pea Soup parts I&II

I.
A thick fog permeated the streets.
Not a single man nor rat could see a thing.
They stayed indoors, they waited for clarity.
As the hours passed, the fog grew
Thicker, stronger, until all that was left of
The town was a blank white cloud.

II.
I can't see a thing.
I pace back and forth,
Outside of the window,
Nothing, not south or north.
You cry, we cry. I storm out
Into the white street.
A man lies in my way, I trip.
A shout of pain I hear, but...
I keep walking, into walls, stumble
Over curbs and disregarded belongings.
There is a light at the end of my block.
It alone pierces through the solid white.
If I reach it maybe... No. Just a neon sign.
Advertisement for a local diner. I hear
Screams, a loud crash; a car hitting a wall,
I assume. Maybe I'll just lay down.

No comments:

Post a Comment